Tuesday 23 July 2013

Another week of glorious sunshine

And so it goes on.  last week was a beautiful week weatherwise, a bit to hot really to do much gardening.  I don't get much shade in my garden, but I am not going to complain I love hot sunny weather.

Anyway, back to the garden.  I know I have said it before, but really I am so glad that I used water retaining granules and slow release fertilizer.  With the amount of pots I have and working full time, it would be very difficult and tiring to keep on top of the watering with the heat we have been having.  Look at these pots, I am so pleased with them.






Not so sure about the Sweet Peas, They all seem to be blue tones, and whilst I love the deep blue painted effect I had wanted a variety of colours. Still they smell divine and look lovely as well.


The Pelargoniums just keep on giving from mid may until the first frosts.  I love them, I take cuttings every August and overwinter them.


Photo of the weekend.  The pots are really coming into their own now, and all I need to do whilst we are having this glorious weather is keep them watered, deadheaded every day and a little tomato/rose food once a week to supplement the slow release fertilizer I added at planting.


Addendum: This post was written before the spectacular electrical storm and torrential rain we had in South East Britain Last Night. Although, It is still muggy and warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment