Sunday 18 August 2013

Summer dresses

What a summer, most of the time the weather has been glorious, and the summer dresses have been out in force.  I have had this pattern a number of years and first made it up several years ago.  I love the empire line, I think it is very flattering.  As I have previously said, I have lost a bit of weight this year.  Luckily, I tried the original dress on and found it to be too big so I decided to make this version a size smaller. I have several lengths of bright poly cotton in my stash and thought that I would make another summer dress.  Although theoretically, it is coming to the end of the summer , I am hoping that we get a few more weeks of warm sunny weather enough for me to wear this dress.

Anyway here is the pattern

 

I had some grey/blue Broderie Anglaise left over from a previous project that picked up the colours in the fabric perfectly.  So I made my own bias binding to go around the neckline.


Here is the dress at the halfway stage before the addition of the lining and finishing off.


and here is the finished article, with me looking a bit bemused about it all.  I love the dress though it is so easy to wear.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely dress m'dear! Maybe it took a while for this pattern to get made-up, as it's taken a while for the weather to decide to give us a "proper" summer in the UK for the first time in years ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you chose! Have you made the jacket that comes with the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, not yet but I will do eventually. it is a classic pattern and I think will be fairly easy to wear.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress looks very flattering on you and very summery - it looks like we may have a few more weeks of good weather so you can get to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since the Victorian times, corset gowns are known as some of the sexiest yet classiest formal Square Neck Knee Length Asymmetrical A-line Pleated Sleeveless Cocktail Dress. Nowadays, fashion designers work with a variety of different fabrics combining the corset structure and style. A timeless choice among prom dresses, these outfits generate the false impression of a small waistline and enhance the feminine hourglass figure. This classic style has always been regarded as one of the world's top sexy evening gowns.

    This season, the classic concept is probably the most popular in high fashion showrooms and designer runway shows around the world. Right from lace to antiqued gold to vintage materials, couturiers have been bringing back trends of the past and upgrading them with a modern, artistic effect. One of the most referred to wardrobe on the red carpet this season has been vintage inspired designer looks. For Prom 2013, the classic concept is going to be one of the most exclusive and jaw dropping trends of the season.

    ReplyDelete