Friday 10 May 2013

FLEURE

FLEURE

I feel I have been neglecting my dressmaking a little in favor of the garden, that always seems to happen to me at this time of the year.  I do carry on making clothes, but when the weather is as nice as it was over the bank holiday I end up working in the garden.   A couple of weeks ago, I went out with my work mates for a special birthday lunch for one of our colleagues.  I wore a skirt that I made a while ago, but have not been able to wear because I had put on too much weight.  I have been able to lose the weight and decided to give this skirt an airing.



I bought the fabric in Walthamstow market a long while ago at least 3 years.  It was sold to me as a linen blend, It certainly creases like a linen.  I think my original intention was to make a pair of summer weight trousers with it but for some reason it ended up as a skirt, I can't remember why. I wanted to try applique, so although it is a basic straight  skirt, I cut up an old curtain that had elements of the similar colours.  There are circles and wobbly stars, which I zig zagged around the edges and then sewed on.  The appliques continue around the back as well.


Front
Back

 I am hoping to wear it a lot more this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment